Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Prayer of Humility, Motivation and Determination

Today I would like to share a prayer that I am sure some of you have read before or at least heard before. I heard this prayer for the first time a long time ago, but I have lately used it for a bit of meditating. I have just tried to mull it around in my head as much as I possibly can. I think each time I read it, it will instantly recenter me and essentially humble me. At different times of me reading it different parts speak to me. Maybe you can get something out of it too! Check it out:


May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half-truths, and superficial relationships, so that you will live deep in your heart.

May God bless you with anger at injustice and exploitation of people and the earth so that you will work for justice, equity and peace.
May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer, so you will reach out your hand to comfort them and change their pain into joy.
And may God bless you with the foolishness to think that you can make a difference in the world, so you will do the things which others say cannot be done.


I think so often in we feel the need to be needed. I think we even see this with the LORD. The idea that God needs us... I find a good bit of issue with that... I think that by looking at things through that lens we can so easily give ourselves an ego boost that can be detrimental to the service that we are called to do. We are called to be humble, to be unrelenting and to be determined. I think this is what this prayer teaches me (of course among other things haha). Read it again, what do you get from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment