Friday, August 24, 2012

The Big Move

So I know this is a little late, but I thought it would be a great idea to go through the last couple days now that I have been in Detroit for just under 72 hours!

Monday
This was the start of my journey as I left around 10 in the morning with my good ole friend Ann Watson and we drove to Columbus Ohio! Once in Columbus we were able to meet up with a fellow Young Adult Missionary Brittany Browne (who will be leaving for Geneva, Switzerland) and her fiance, Syl Eddy! This was just an awesome time together to see what it looks like for friends just to be together prior to going to our placement sites!

Tuesday
I ARRIVED IN DETROIT!!! After about 12 hours of driving I finally made it! I met up at Central United Methodist with my co-workers and began to become acclimated to the city. The rest of this day was pretty fantastic as I was just learning more and more about the city, my job, my house and what the heck a "Michigan left" is (if you don't know then that means you have not encountered this oddity...your not missing out haha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment