Sunday, August 5, 2012

Goodbye Training!

Well this is the last day of training and we are heading home! What a time of training! 3 and a half weeks of talking about worship, difficult issues, cultural differences, program specifics, United Methodism and some of the most controversial social issues that the world encounters today certainly takes it out of you! It has been an exhausting three and half weeks but the issues discussed,  conversations had and the friends made have made these past weeks priceless! I just want to take a few moments while waiting in the DC airport to say thank you so very much to all the people who have made this opportunity possible. And to the staff of Global Ministries, and my fellow missionaries that I have grown and been challenged with this has been a beautiful process and I hope we continue to challenge one another and work towards a more just world and a church moving towards the heavenly kingdom on earth. 


Here is a quote from a couple days ago I tweeted it but I simply love it and I think it needs to be passed around!
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. However, what if we do not even allow the man access to the pond? 
A beautiful depiction of what social justice can look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment