Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A time of Silence-

Yes I went on a Silent Retreat for 4 days!

I was given the opportunity with the Jesuit Retreat center Manresa and holy smokes it was so very awesome! It was a really encouraging time to step back and at about the halfway mark of being here and  I was able to look at what my goals were in the beginning, what I still hope to do, what I need to be more intentional and more focused on and just time to digest some of what I am learning. It was an awesome reorientation!


I think the retreat itself really amplified for me the importance of taking time to not just to be alone, but to really think about what you are doing and why. Regardless if you are doing a service year, school or holding down a job, I think the Holy Spirit leads us to different goals and opportunities in life and it is so very easy to get switched to auto pilot and not live intentionally to live out the message and ideals of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment