Sunday, October 21, 2012

Be Excited!

So today's blog is all about our ability as people to get excited over something.

What makes you excited? I don't mean like a "yay I'm excited" I mean like you actually want to leap for joy or hoot an holler.

Today I ran a half marathon that crossed over to Canada o the Ambassador bridge, then snaked back to the US in a tunnel, so for a mile we were running underwater! It was so very awesome, so I guess I am sort of still on that really excited running high somewhat, so bear with me.

It was in crossing the Ambassador bridge just before sunrise that I experienced this excitement that makes you just want to yell, it was beautiful and to be running with 23,000 others to share that experience was almost just too much. I loved the feeling of having the view and at the same time I felt like I was challenging my body to be better.

Directly following the run Joni (a coworker) and I went out to a church in the suburbs to give a presentation for NOAH. It was here that I saw another excitement. In speaking to some of the people at the church there was a certain excitement about getting more involved in some way shape or form at the NOAH Project. More excitement.

So again, what gets you excited? I feel that we allow these moments to be fleeting, to be small memories of a great feelings. So I got to thinking, what gets me excited? Well I should continue doing what makes me excited because I think those things will be things that I will do best and also enjoy. So I am not proposing that I constantly run accross a bridge, or that I am constantly brainstorm ways that agencies can be more comprehensive, but I am saying this is what the community or church should incite. I think it is a job of the church community to understand what excites each other and then challenge the congregation to act on this knowledge. May we never live void of excitement, I just don't think the Lord would desire that. maybe excitement is simply the harmony of what we love and what the world puts before us, in turn what the Lord places before us. What resonates with you? What makes you excited?

Also, pictures will surely be up soon, and almost surely will be the photos of the week! Thanks for reading! Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Children! They make me excited, as well as being challenged by others' beliefs and opinions. Conveniently, that's a daily experience here :) Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete